Welcome

Thanks for visiting Remove Before Flight. This blog has been intended to cover anything about remote controlled models in particular flying ones such as helis and planes.

Like countless other rc blogs or websites, stuff that you may find (in the near future hopefully) on this blog are my inventory of course :), build tips, modifications, upgrades, general info, pic galleries, techniques and other stuff that I think are related to this blog.

Do bare with me as I try to update this blog as often as I could. Once again, thanks for visiting and see you at the field. Fly safe!


Irwan

Monday, October 27, 2008

Extreme 3d Canary 40 Trainer



This plane changed hands twice. I 1st bought it back in 2001, sold it to someone in 2002 (after break-in but never flown) and bought it back again from him during puasa (he never touched it). Serviced the engine, repaired the blacks and bruises (damaged during storage), and brought it out for an iron maiden a few weeks ago. It took off beautifully but alas, 1min after flight, the rubber band holding the wings snapped and it went down like a rock. And it has been occupying my workshop toilet since the crash..

But due to the rainy weather that has been pillaging Brunei for the past couple of days, I decided to repair it and voila.. with some balsa, pieces from my crashed la racer, it is now ready for another iron maiden.

precautions has been taken this time. wing now has dowels at the front and screwed at the rear. I have made every effort to make sure nothing has been overlooked.

it may look ugly but i will do some touch up after its iron maiden. just waiting for the right weather and time to do it. prolly spray paint the nose or sticker it white.

No comments: